What Can I Do?

As a concerned citizen, here is what you can do:

  • Sign the White House Petition asking for action to be taken on DOT-111 tank car safety.
  • Sign the MoveOn.org Petition asking Congress to do the same.
  • Call your Congressman and ask them to act on DOT-111 safety issues.
  • Work with local officials to have a disaster plan in place in case this happens in your area.
  • Write letters to local newspapers and media bringing attention to this issue.
  • Send us news stories that we may have missed. (There’s a lot of news on the local scene that isn’t always published.)